Having a properly drafted will is very important for you and your family. An estate plan should fit your unique family and financial needs, as it may be the final message your family will hear from you. Pickford Law assists clients with the daunting task of estate planning by determining their best options, and then drafting their choices in writing.
No matter how small or large your estate may be, we do not believe a standardized form can adequately express one’s wishes. We believe in speaking to you directly and at length to know your situation, before helping you draft a will that will accomplish your goals.
Pickford Law helps make your health care and financial wishes known to your family in advance. You should not have to worry about the possibility of an illness or injury leaving you incapable of making said decisions on your own. We help to ensure your desired care and prevent disputes between your loved ones.
In addition to wills, estate planning documents often include:
- Power(s) of Attorney (financial or medical) -Power(s) of attorney grant a designated person the legal right to make medical or financial decisions on your behalf in the event you become incapable of doing so.
- HIPAA release and authorizations
- Designation of a guardian for minor children
- Advance health directives or "Living wills" - In the event that you become incapacitated (a likely occurrence as our life expectancies grow longer and longer), an advance health care directive expresses your specific wishes about your care. This not only ensures that your wishes will be honored, but it also saves your loved ones the stress and anxiety associated with having to make difficult decisions about your long-term or end-of-life care.
- Guardianship/conservatorship designations
We would be honored to create a plan to ensure your loved ones are protected at your death. To get started, call us today at 901-424-1920.